Power-Pole laments loss of Team pro Theophile BourgeoisNews & Press Releases
Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchors mourns the passing of one its official Team Power-Pole anglers, Theophile Bourgeois, who died from injuries sustained in a plane crash off the coast of St. Bernard Parish in Louisiana on Sunday, Aug. 18.
Bourgeois, who was a licensed pilot, was one of three people on board the plane that went down during inclement weather in Chandeleur Sound, just east of the Mississsippi River, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
“I was shocked and saddened to learn that he was no longer with us,” JL Marine vice president Robert Shamblin said. “Theophile was a great man who always had a great attitude and was always taking care of people.”
Shamblin first met Bourgeois during a media event nearly twelve years ago. Along with being a noted redfish angler and charter captain, Bourgeois exemplified many of the core values of the company and became an official member of Team Power-Pole in 2012.
“He was a great representative of Team Power-Pole,” Shamblin said. “He did so much for his community and the state of Louisiana, from the BP oil cleanup to rescue efforts following the hurricanes. He was just a really good dude.”
- Power-Pole joins with Captains for Clean Water for ‘World’s Finest Skiff’ Raffle
- How to pair CM2 remotes to the Power-Pole Anchor HPU
- Bassmaster Classic represents return to normalcy for fishing industry, nation
- Hank Cherry dominates the shallow waters of Ray Roberts for second straight Classic victory
- Bassmaster Classic 2021: Live from Texas
- Bassmaster Classic 2021 Preview: The Choice of Champions
All content, including text, photos and other multimedia, appearing in the “News & Press Releases” category may be republished in part or in whole on third-party sites. Please provide a link back to the original content.