Down Time: Bass Fishing in Historic ItalyDown Time . Uncategorized
World traveler and Power-Pole social media coordinator William Bean catches up with B.A.S.S. Italy angler and pro staff member Dave Carlessi to learn about the burgeoning bass fishing scene on historic Lake Garda in Italy.
Bass fishing is a relatively new sport in Europe. Black bass were only introduced to these waters from North America less than a century ago.
Although the bass population is relatively new, many of the historic landmarks and castles date back thousands of years.
While the crystal-clear waters of Lake Garda are an ideal habitat for the bass, it presents a unique disadvantage for the angler. Stealth is essential when stalking these fish in shallow water and around structure.
- CCA S.T.A.R Tournament brings big prizes and invaluable fishery data
- Power-Pole partnering with Reel Life Apparel for Trash to Treasure beach cleanup
- Power-Pole on Tour: Team Power-Pole Prevail on Pickwick
- Shallow Water Seminars: Crappie pickin’ lily pads
- Power-Pole C-Monsters claim Over-35 Hockey League Championship
- Vibe Kayaks now offering Micro anchors as standard equipment
All content, including text, photos and other multimedia, appearing in the “News & Press Releases” category may be republished in part or in whole on third-party sites. Please provide a link back to the original content.