Power-Pole C-Monsters claim Over-35 Hockey League ChampionshipOutreach
BRANDON — Center Jake Thompson’s go-ahead goal in the championship game capped off a perfect season for the Power-Pole C-Monsters in the Tampa Men’s Over-35 hockey league at the TGH Iceplex.
Thompson’s game winner came with less than one minute to go in regulation off an assist by Kris Hardy to give the C-Monsters the 2-1 win over the Vipers. The C-Monsters finished the winter season 9-0-3 (21 points).
The team also recorded the fewest penalty minutes (22) in the league over the course of the 12-game season.
Thompson, an avid angler and Power-Pole anchor owner when he’s not on the ice, was named one of the stars of the game along with goalie Johnny Swift and Power-Pole founder and left winger John Oliverio. Swift’s single goal allowed capped off a strong season between the pipes in which he finished with a minuscule 1.33 goals against average.
The support of amateur sports in the Tampa Bay area, which also includes the sponsorship of youth hockey, Little League baseball and numerous youth angling events, is part of Power-Pole’s commitment to giving back to the community. To read more about Power-Pole’s community outreach efforts, including charities and causes supported by the company’s CASTnet program, click here: https://blog.power-pole.com/category/community/
- Power-Pole joins with Captains for Clean Water for ‘World’s Finest Skiff’ Raffle
- How to pair CM2 remotes to the Power-Pole Anchor HPU
- Bassmaster Classic represents return to normalcy for fishing industry, nation
- Hank Cherry dominates the shallow waters of Ray Roberts for second straight Classic victory
- Bassmaster Classic 2021: Live from Texas
- Bassmaster Classic 2021 Preview: The Choice of Champions
All content, including text, photos and other multimedia, appearing in the “News & Press Releases” category may be republished in part or in whole on third-party sites. Please provide a link back to the original content.